REUNION: Badagry Grammar School (Class of 2000/2001) | Bamisepeter's Blog REUNION: Badagry Grammar School (Class of 2000/2001) - Bamisepeter's Blog REUNION: Badagry Grammar School (Class of 2000/2001) | Bamisepeter's Blog

REUNION: Badagry Grammar School (Class of 2000/2001)

 

The 2000/2001 set of Badagry Grammar School on Saturday the 3rd of December, 2016 had their first reunion after 15years they departed. 

BACK IN BGS IN PICTURE








The event took place in Government V.I.P Charlet in Badagry and gift presentation was done in the school. 


In attendance with many of the ex-students of the school was the most talked about teacher during the period this set was in school, Mrs Machi who was the English language teacher.

Mrs Machi and an ex-student of BGS



THE INTERVIEW


Samuel Anyaele

He said "my best experience, kind of mundane, but that is when I won a Literature in English Award in JSS2 (my only award in school), because my primary school was in Cotonou (Benin Rep.) all the parents that came from Cotonou to Badagry for the awards came to congratulate me like I saved them some kind of shame.

               

He went further, saying " Worst Experience, When the girl I had an  everlasting crush on decided to help me with Wardrobe advice, calling me out to teach me how to dress up.


That was a very embarrassing moment for me, even though it singularly changed my wardrobe habits".


He continued after he was asked about the relationship ... " No relationship actually, it's just that all the guys and girls from Cotonou are known for being very clean, but I was different, always playing football in my school uniform, so I am always looking dirty and rough" ....


..." So most of them refused to associate with me, except during examination time when they sit close to me. So the girl was trying to upgrade me to someone she is comfortable associating with beyond the exam hall. I am sure my admiration for her is only one-sided".


He also confessed Mrs Machi won his heart as the best teacher.



Henry Gbadega (A.K.A Badniga/ rexericx), it was learnt that Mrs Machi was the most talked about as they all believed she thought they don't have brains as she wanted them to understand English language by force and she usually say to them when she catches them outside playing basketball that instead of them reading their books they prefer playing handball.


Henry said his worst moment was when his mates were departing with their parents after graduation while is happiest day was the day he graduated with good grades.

In BGS for presentation of gift

Oke Felix Tadeyon (A.K.A Lofty 005) said his best moment in school was the 1st day he touched a JSS girl & she gave him a nice Kiss on d football pitch but the relationship collapsed after two years he left secondary school when he gained admission.


Another best moment was when he sat for his 1st WAEC in 2001.
His best Teacher was Mr Omoruwa, Our mathematics teacher, I love his style of teaching.



When asked what he liked most about others in his set, he said  "for the fact that we were many, I cherished the spirit of oneness we all possess right from school".

Jokotimi Garba (Rashidat Alliyu


said her best moment was in SS2 during the promotional exam. "The school was really strict on our results... They expelled some people and failed so many people, but I was promoted, most of my friends had to repeat SS2 class. 


When I saw my result, I was happy".
She talked about her bad experience.

" The day a group of guys waylaid me, they called themselves "infinity Boyz". One of them slapped me because they claimed I was rude to one of them. They were students too, my mates, they were in SS3".

 













She continued, "I will never forget the day we were all sent out of neco exam hall to go cut our hair. I escaped though... all the girls had f9 because of that, and it was English. Though we were warned a day before the exam to cut our hair but we refused". 

She also said the school built confidence in her.


Prince Chukwunonso Elee, the C.E.O Veroc Automobile is one of those that cannot be forgotten soon. 

In the audio interview session with him, he opened up that boarding school thought him how to wake up early and forced to obey rules, he said he knew how to wash clothes which he never knew before he started his life in BGS. 


He said his worst day in BGS was in JSS2 when he was accused of having the master key that can open any locker. 

According to him, he was advised to withdraw against his wish from the school in SS2 even though he passed his exams but the school claimed he failed. 

He further said despite all that happened, the school made him think of his future as he started going to another school from home with proper guidance. 

To him, boarding school is not worth the hype as there is no proper guidance for the boarders despite the fact that there are people set to watch over the affairs of the boarders as they can only do little as compared to what the biological parents will do to their child not forgetting the parental love and care that the boarders often miss. 

Alli Jimoh Sikiru (A.K.A Sagzy) also said the love, affection and bond between them was what he cherished most as they search for food and other stuffs together as boarders. He confirmed to be in a relationship during the period they were in school but fate has separated them.

                 

When asked about what he loved about the school he said "it was a great learning environment. 

At the time I was there, the school  competed with other schools in Lagos". He further said "I was able to attend BGS thanks to the then governor of Lagos state Col. Olagunsoye Oyinlola, Ever proud I attended the school".

              

Philemon Olusegun (A.K.A barontopaz) travelled all the way from Qatar to grace the occasion.
He also claimed Mrs Machi was the best among the teacher he loved.


He was asked what inspired is journey to grace the event, he said " BGS is a historic school with alot of traditional values and norms that was instilled into us as kids. 

This made us wear the school badge with pride, purpose and a positive attitude. Then the 2001 graduating set was a family!!!  


Everyone knew everyone and despite setbacks and ups and downs. The love we had for each other and still exhibit today as a collective unit gingered me to be there live to grace such a milestone...

... We are united even in the midst of adversary and challenges. 2001 set puts the collective and group needs and dreams above individual differences and we walk the talk".



He said he had a romantic relationship with the principal's niece which is shyness and immaturity destroyed.

He concluded by saying "The standard the Principal Chief C A Duru created, the educational standard of the School and the amiable aura of a "home away from home" when you step into the gate" made him cherish every moment in the school.













































ADD COMMENT, SHARE AND LIKE THROUGH THE PROVIDED LINKS BELOW OR HERE

CLICK LIKE ON THE FACEBOOK PAGE OF THIS BLOG TO GET IMMEDIATE POST UPDATE HERE

CLICK FOLLOW ON THE INSTAGRAM HANDLE OF THIS BLOG TO GET IMMEDIATE POST UPDATE HERE

CLICK JOIN ON THE BBM CHANNEL OF THIS BLOG TO GET IMMEDIATE POST UPDATE HERE

No comments:

Comment posted by any of this blog reader does not reflect the opinion or view of bamisepeters

Powered by Blogger.